Introduction of GIS based technology to Gram Panchayat monitoring is a rich value addition to the state oversight being managed by a comprehensive web based application .
Salient features of ISGPP GIS
- Gram Panchayat-wise geo-referenced base map has been created for 3272 Gram Panchayats.
- Customized mobile application (Android) has been designed and developed to capture field level data on project execution with latitude and longitude, image, date and time stamp. Each Gram Panchayat has been given a GPS enabled mobile handset for this purpose.
- The updated base map is being used as a depository for public amenities, which will be useful for need based planning.
- Gram Sansad, Gram Sabha, General Body Meeting and UpaSamiti Meetings are also being captured with the help of this phone with latitude and longitude, image, date and time stamp, audio and video for factual evidence.
- The GIS based real time monitoring system has been linked with the existing MIS of the Panchayats and Rural Development Department to plot the physical and financial progress on the geo-referenced map.
- A comprehensive web-enabled software has been designed and developed with arrangement of access by the Gram Panchayats, Blocks, District and State Administration to strengthen oversight.
- The system is also open to the citizens to promote inclusive governance and increase the degree of transparency and accountability in Gram Panchayat functioning and service delivery.
- This is the only GIS based monitoring system for the Gram Panchayats in the entire country.
- Introduction of GIS based technology for Gram Panchayat monitoring is aninnovative value addition to the state oversight being managed by a comprehensive web based application.
- The GIS protocol has been designed in a way so that it validates the progress with regard to planning, institutional functioning and citizen centric service delivery with the help of GPS technology.